Community Profile The Community Profile brings together important health, environmental and community indicators, providing a snapshot of environmental health for each of Massachusetts’ 351 communities. The Community Profile is linked to our EPHT database, so that it always includes the most up-to-date data available.
The following updates have been made to the EPHT portal:
- New MassTrack newsletter focusing on childhood lead poisoning.
- New interactive tools:
- The Emergency Preparedness Population Planning Tool developed to help planners assess the varied access and functional needs of our residents.
- Climate-enhanced Community Profiles providing community-level health and environmental information.
- New fact sheets and guidance documents:
- Radon fact sheets to help residents, school staff, and healthcare professionals learn more about radon:
- Radon in the Home
- Testing Your Home for Radon
- Fixing Radon in Your Home
- Radon in Schools and Child Care Programs
- Radon: Information for Healthcare Providers
- The Healthy Home Guide - a resource for homeowners, homebuyers, and renters to understand exposures in and around their home.
- New articles written by MA EPHT staff for the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics quarterly newsletter:
Maps & Tables
A key feature of this website is that you can make tables, charts, and maps of environmental and health data for the community that you live in. This website also provides important background information including limitations associated with the data. It is important to stress that the data cannot be used to determine the cause of disease. They can be used to identify areas where public health actions can be taken. Access Maps & Tables and Community Profiles using the links at the top of each page.
The MA EPHT Portal includes the latest available data for:
- Birth Defects
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Attack
- Heat Stress
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Reproductive Outcomes
- Climate Change
- Drinking Water Quality
- Indoor Air Quality
- Outdoor Air Quality
- Recreational Water
- Vulnerable Populations
…linking environmental and health data enables a timely response to potential public health problems related to the environment Former CDC Director Dr. Julie L. Gerberding
- What’s New on MA EPHT
- February 25, 2017 Check out our new Childhood Lead Screening Community Progress Report! View community-specific indicators of childhood lead screening and exposure, as well as information and resources to help keep children safe from lead exposure.
- February 20, 2017 Since our portal release in July of 2014, the EPHT team has been constantly working to improve performance and enhance EPHT's system capabilities to best fit the needs of local health stakeholders. This webinar, titled “Local Health Tracking ? Exploring the Environmental Public Health Tracking Portal to support local health” and presented on January 26th of 2017, introduces the Environmental Public Health Tracking website with a focus on how it can be used to gather and share information to support a variety of community-based projects. This is a great way to learn how to use EPHT for either your own personal interest, community work or other public health purposes.
- December 8, 2016 New Data Available! You can now look at 2015 for Childhood Blood Lead data, and 2014 for Outdoor Air Quality data
- October 8, 2016 New Content Posted! Check out our Health Impact Assessment web page, under Planning & Tools tab in the main menu and the Recreational Beaches web page, under the Environment tab in the main menu
- October 1, 2016 We've Upgraded! You might notice a new look and feel to our data queries and reports - we've recently upgraded the software that runs our system that enhances performance.
- May 26, 2016 A new Lead in Drinking Water FAQ is now available!
- March 31, 2016 Community Profile reports are live! See selected health, environmental and demographic data for any community in Massachusetts, all in one report.
- March 29, 2016 Check out the first series of our updated EPHT tutorials.
- February 17, 2016 New and Improved Pediatric Asthma report by School is now available. Click the "Maps & Tables" button next to the Pediatric Asthma landing page to explore the data!
- View All Updates
These web pages are supported through Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Web contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC.
We look forward to sharing this important information with you and welcome your comments and suggestions as we move forward.